Jennifer Wood has been counselling professionally for over 20 years, after graduating from the University of Melbourne with both a Bachelor of Social Work, and a Bachelor of Arts majoring in psychology. Jennifer has extensive experience supporting children, young people and adults after trauma, including family violence and natural disasters. She is an award-winning amateur artist, and enjoys facilitating rich creative art therapy opportunities with individuals, families and groups.
Jennifer works in partnership with people of all ages to achieve their goals in overcoming, or better managing, issues, challenges and symptoms such as stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain; grief; relationship difficulties, trauma, sleep difficulties, phobias, and struggles with food or other substances. She is experienced in supporting individuals and families to enhance their quality of life while living with complex, chronic, and terminal conditions.
Jennifer offers individually tailored services based on client needs and preferences as well as their funding arrangements. Modalities include:
- Psychotherapy including Narrative Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy and Single Session Therapy
- Cognitive and Behavioural interventions
- Skills Training including relaxation, mindfulness, communication, parenting
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT Tapping)
- Art Therapy
- Child-centred Play Therapy
- Theraplay® (a program of facilitated therapeutic activities for child and carer)
- Individual Consultation: $170.00
- Concession: $140.00 available to Health Care Card Holders
- Couples, Family and Single Session Therapy Consultation: $180.00, concession $150.00
NDIS: Jennifer is registered at KWC to see clients with an NDIS plan and fees are in accordance with the NDIS Price Guide.